Location: Accra, Ghana
Dates: Between March 1st to December 31st 2017
Project Length: 14 days
Project ID: 1709
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Established since 2014, this organization recognizes the need to empower youths in deprived communities of Ghana by providing them with fundamental basic computing skills. By jumpstarting the children’s exposure to computing technology, the organization believes that this initiative will ultimately help the children to better position themselves in the 21st century. This organization visits disadvantaged communities and towns to empower deprived children by providing full range of charitable, human service, educational, community development activities such as child disability care, sanitation, education, food donation and more.
This project will require documentation of this organization’s efforts in realizing its mission and goals. Coverage will capture the organization’s community outreach programs in order to capture their engagement with charitable and educational services. Programs include: free computer training for children age 6 to 17, accessible health care for disabled children, orphanage, and their communities.
- Experience in photo-documentary or photojournalism
- Proficient in photography and/or videography
- Respect to cultural sensitivity as you will be working with vulnerable people on sensitive topics
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Adaptable to new and different situations, flexible and patient
- Experience in overseas development
- Experience travelling abroad in developing nations