Dates: January/February 2016
Project Length: 14 days
Application Deadline: October 30th, 2015
Project ID: 1529_ Cochabamba
ABOUT THE CHARITY
Our mission is to respond to the physical, emotional and spiritual needs of Bolivian children with traumatic pasts, empowering them to reach their maximum potential and to pass on the values and experiences acquired to other children in high-risk situations.
Over the years, we have established 3 main goals we seek to accomplish through our programs.
To provide a nurturing, family environment to children who have been orphaned, abandoned, or removed from high-risk situations, with an emphasis on integrating children living with HIV and other special needs.
To provide each child with individualized care: working to reunite families where possible, seeking adoptive families for children who have no relatives, and developing Life Plans with children who will remain with us until adulthood.
To scale our model of care throughout Bolivia through the training of staff from other governmental and non-governmental agencies.
• Experience in photo-documentary or photojournalism
• Proficient in photography and videography
• Respect to cultural sensitivity as you will be working with vulnerable people on sensitive topics
• Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
• Adaptable to new and different situations, flexible and patient
Cochabamba is at a relatively high altitude (2500 m). Different people react to altitude changes in different ways, but someone who is generally fit and who does not have any major cardio-respiratory ailments would help avoid some of the side effects.
• Experience in overseas development
• Experience travelling abroad in developing nations
Spanish speaking an asset
$1,500.00 USD (Click here to find out what program fees cover)