Are you a photographer or videographer who wants to make a difference by helping grassroots charities that really need it?
We know that photography is a valuable way of contributing to sustainable development, impacting livelihoods, sharing perspectives, fostering cross-cultural understanding, and much more. Our Global Service Program gives participants access to incredible life-changing opportunities to document the incredible things people are doing to champion social and environmental causes. Become a storyteller for the unsung heroes of the world, transforming their lives through your lens. Take a look at the opportunities available and apply now--we only accept one photographer and one videographer per project.
Photographs from our program go on to be featured in our exhibits, books, and various other publications.
Past publications include The Economist, SLR Lounge, the UN-HABITAT 2013 Handbook, Beach Metro, Guttenberg Press, Alternavox, Photo Life, Vistek, the Longfellow Nokomis Messenger, Hart House Camera Club and many others.
- Each opportunity listed below lasts from 1-3 weeks.
- You will learn the principles of ethical photojournalism and will be trained on ethical photojournalism prior to travel.
- Each participant will earn a Photographers Without Borders Certificate upon successful completion of their project.
- A complete application includes your application form and your $25 application fee.
- Learn more about program fees HERE
Everyone who applies is guaranteed an interview. Application fees give you access to all jobs locally and globally, and are valid for one year or until you are offered a position.