Country: Kenya, Tanzania, or Uganda
Location: Locations vary, but generally within a one-two hour drive from Nairobi, Entebbe, or Dar Es Salaam.
Dates: Spring 2015 (Exact dates can not be guaranteed. Find out why here)
Project Length: 2 Weeks
Application Deadline: November 15, 2014
Project ID: EASTAFRICA
ABOUT THE CHARITY
This project aims to inform, support, and challenge young Africans to make safer decisions, through limiting the impact of HIV in their communities. This is achieved through training and supporting African football coaches to deliver interactive HIV education through football coaching sessions to young people in their communities. All the learning takes place on the pitch in a way that young people enjoy, remember and understand.
This project takes place in various rural communities throughout Uganda, Tanzania, or Kenya, and the particular projects description will depend on the needs and resources of that community. While each project may vary slightly, they all have the same goal of increasing knowledge and awareness of HIV education, to young people on football pitches throughout Africa.
- Experience in photo-documentary or photojournalism
- Committed to respecting and promoting human rights
- Respect to cultural sensitivity as you will be working with vulnerable people on sensitive topics
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Adaptable to new and different situations, flexible and patient
- Experience in overseas development in the global south
Back to Current Opportunities