Location: East Bali, Indonesia
Dates: June/July 2016
Project Length: 14 Days
Application Deadline: January 31st, 2016
Project ID: 1615_Bali
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Established in 1998, this NGO’s mission is to create sustainable solutions to poverty in rural Indonesian mountain villages prioritizing the health, nutrition and education of children. With a philosophy of “helping people to help themselves”, this NGO ensures that all programmes are designed as models that can be replicated, and executed by local people who transfer knowledge directly, and appropriate technology within their communities.
Document the diverse cultures that comprise of 19 Ban village communities, as well the various programs that align with this NGO’s philosophy of: sustainable, long-term change begins with education, education begins with children, and children must be healthy to learn. This NGO’s goal is to provide and address integrated and relevant education for children as a foundation for empowerment, nutrition, health education, the elimination of iodine deficiency among children and women, and to improve farmland organically for long-term food security and eventual self-reliance.
• Experience in photo-documentary or photojournalism
• Proficient in photography and videography
• Respect to cultural sensitivity as you will be working with vulnerable people onsensitive topics
• Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
• Adaptable to new and different situations, flexible and patient
Be physically able to endure mountain trekking/biking.
• Experience in overseas development
• Experience travelling abroad in developing nations
$1,500 USD (Click here to learn about what program fees cover)