Location: Calais, France
Dates: January 5, 2016- January 18, 2016.
Project Length: 14 days
Application Deadline: November 30, 2015
Project ID: 1614_Calais
ABOUT THE NGO
Established in 2014, this NGO’s mission is to provide longer and more fulfilling lives to underserved adults and children in the ignored communities of India and aboard. Their mission is to not only provide short-term solutions by treating only the symptoms. Instead, this NGO targets the problem itself by providing communities with the best possible medical care- free of charge.
This particular project would focus on this NGO’s efforts in providing supports to refugees in France. Supports include providing clothing, blankets, and medical care to refugees displaced from the crisis in the Middle East.
• Experience in photo-documentary or photojournalism
• Proficient in photography and videography
• Respect to cultural sensitivity as you will be working with vulnerable people on sensitive topics
• Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Adaptable to new and different situations, flexible
• Experience in overseas development
• Experience travelling abroad in developing nations
- Fluent in French and/or Arabic
$1,500.00 USD (Click here to learn about what program fees cover)