Country: The Gambia
Location: Greater Banjul Area
Dates: January/ Feburary
Project Length: 14 days
Application Deadline: January/February 2016
Project ID: 1638_TheGambia
About the Organization:
This voluntary community-based organization, which launched in 2010, aims to promote and protect the health and welfare of older persons in The Gambia. With a vision of aiding the elderly enjoy good health, remain productive, and to be valued and cared for by society; this organization’s mission is to support the elderly lead healthier and dignified lives.
This project will require documentation of this organization’s efforts in promoting and protecting fundamental human rights of the elderly. Coverage will capture the implementation of programmes and activates that are effective, evidence-based, sustainable, and that are locally run. You will be required to document community –based health screening programs/clinics, home based health care initiatives, and other outreach and health awareness efforts within the community such as seminars.
• Experience in photo-documentary or photojournalism
• Proficient in photography and videography
• Respect to cultural sensitivity as you will be working with vulnerable people on sensitive topics
• Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
• Adaptable to new and different situations, flexible and patient
• Experience in overseas development
• Experience travelling abroad in developing nations