Dates: Summer/Fall 2015 (Exact dates cannot be guaranteed. Find out why here)
Project Length: 2 Weeks
Application Deadline: June 30 2015
Project ID: Akatsi_1528
ABOUT THE CHARITY
This organization’s mission is to promote the right to health care, education and other social interventions for the marginalized people in society; especially women and children. The overall goal of the organization is to improve the living conditions of the marginalized people in Ghanaian society.
The projects aim is to build awareness around the varied work the organization does. There are six project sights that need to be captured and depicted in their uniqueness and entirety. The focus is on helping women and children so many project sights will be group homes or education centers for these Ghanaian people.
The images produced will be used for fund-raising activities, to showcase the work and impact of the organizations activities in Ghana, to depict the benefits of the work being done to the Ghanaian communities and outside world, as well as create a photo/video gallery for and exhibition that will be held to mark the organizations 20th anniversary working in Ghana.
- Experience in videography
- Experience in photo-documentary or photojournalism
- A flexible and a positive attitude
- Be culturally sensitivity and adaptable
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Committed to respecting and promoting human rights
- Experience in overseas development in the global south
- Experience travelling abroad in developing nations