Location: Mwanza & Geite
Dates: Late January/Early February or Late June/Early July, 2017
Project Length: Two Weeks
Application Deadline: December 30, 2016
Project ID: 1636_Tanzania
About the Organization:
Established in 2007, this NGO’s mission is to contribute to a sustainable, hopeful and progressive future through the local development of health care and provision of education. They provide many services in collaboration with the local community, including the operation of a rural health clinic and a rehabilitation clinic at a district hospital. As well, they are exploring expanding their network of health clinics to additional areas of Tanzania.
This Project is divided into two stages: the initial week will focus on documenting the NGO’s work in their existing health care projects as well as capturing the stories of their patients, the surrounding community and local staff. The second phase will focus on the NGO’s exploration of the health care needs in a more remote region, capturing the experience of miners and rural residents in that area and documenting the current state of affairs with regard to health care.
• Experience in photo-documentary or photojournalism
• Proficient in videography
• Respect to cultural sensitivity as you will be working with vulnerable people on sensitive topics
• Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
• Adaptable to new and different situations, flexible and patient
• Experience in overseas development
• Experience travelling abroad in developing nations