Location: Kachra Kundi, Karachi
Dates: December 4 to December 14, 2015.
Project Length: 10 days
Application Deadline: October 30, 2015
Project ID: 1537_ Kachra Kundi
ABOUT THE NGO
No matter how simple the effort or how large the cause, we believe in restoring hope and advancing minds. We promote charitable giving and humanitarian work among the youth by selflessly supporting the act of giving back. We have a commitment to providing sustainable healthcare, education and empowerment opportunities to rural and overlooked communities in need.
NGO proves free schooling to 500 children. NGO helps build schools, which include 15 classrooms in three campuses in Kachra Kundi (waste village). In 2013, expanded with six additional classrooms to accommodate the growing demand for education in this large garbage dump community located 50 miles outside of Karachi, Pakistan. NGO helps support classrooms by funding student meals, books, school supplies, staff salaries, and classroom expansion. NGO addresses education and environmental sustainability.
• Experience in photo-documentary or photojournalism
• Female Photographer
• Proficient in photography and videography
• Respect to cultural sensitivity as you will be working with vulnerable people on sensitive topics
• Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
• Adaptable to new and different situations, flexible and patient
• Experience in overseas development
• Experience traveling abroad in developing nations
(Click here to see what program fees cover)