Location: Tamil Nadu, South India
Dates: January/February 2016
Project Length: 14 days
Application Deadline: November 30th, 2015
Project ID: 1539_TamilNaduIndia
ABOUT THE CHARITY
Their mission is to establish an inclusive village where persons with intellectual disabilities and marginalized non-disabled people live and work together with equal rights and opportunities leading a dignified and sustainable life.
Established in 2013, this NGO aims to establish a self-sustainable, inclusive and eco-friendly village, which provides a family atmosphere where everyone can reach their full potential regardless of disability, race, gender, etc. Further, to give people with intellectual disabilities and the marginalised the opportunity to become equally active contributors. Projects include: providing intellectually disabled people with the opportunity to learn some farming skills and therefore get the chance to work in the sector of agriculture, generate their own income, and become self-sustaining and (partly) independent. Providing a vocational training centre where individuals learn how to create items for selling; as well maintain a school for children that is tailored around their needs.
• Experience in photo-documentary or photojournalism
• Proficient in photography and videography
• Respect to cultural sensitivity as you will be working with vulnerable people on sensitive topics
• Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
• Adaptable to new and different situations, flexible and patient
• Experience in overseas development
• Experience travelling abroad in developing nations
$1,500.00 USD (Click here to see what program fees cover)