Location: Tanoboase, Ghana
Dates: Winter/Spring 2016
Project Length: 14 Days
Application Deadline: December 30, 2015.
Project ID: 1604_TanoboaseGhana
ABOUT THE NGO
No matter how simple the effort or how large the cause, we believe in restoring hope and advancing minds. We promote charitable giving and humanitarian work among the youth by selflessly supporting the act of giving back. We have a commitment to providing sustainable healthcare, education and empowerment opportunities to rural and overlooked communities in need.
This NGO helps deliver education to children in need by providing a free primary school. Through local partnerships, this NGO has provided children that have been left out of the existing Ghana educational system with a safe space to learn and play. Today, more than 105 students attend this primary school that hopes to launch a mushroom and livestock farm to help provide vocational opportunities to women in the village, and to continue to facilitate courses in English, math, and geography. \
• Experience in photo-documentary or photojournalism
• Proficient in photography and videography
• Respect to cultural sensitivity as you will be working with vulnerable people on sensitive topics
• Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
• Adaptable to new and different situations, flexible and patient
• Experience in overseas development
• Experience travelling abroad in developing nations
$1,500.00 USD (Click here to learn about what program fees cover)