Location: Lweza, Entebbe, Uganda
Dates: January/February 2016
Project Length: 2 Weeks
Application Deadline: November 30, 2015
Project ID: 1538_UgandaEntebbeLweza
ABOUT THE CHARITY
Their mission is to support sustainable projects that improve health, education sanitation, nutrition, and access to clean water in rural Uganda; and to facilitate collaboration with the community.
Formed by a group of students in 2006 after a University/College of Agriculture and Life Sciences field study trip to Uganda. Many of the things that were seen in Uganda, such as children climbing down into stagnant water pits to collect drinking water, left a lasting impression on the students. Upon returning to the US, the students felt compelled to help make a difference in lives of Ugandans, not only terms of clean water, but nutrition, education and a better way of life. Since 2006 they have expanded their projects to include the construction of rain water collection tanks, BioSand water filters, maka pads (sanitary pads), assisting in jewelry sales by AIDS patients and lastly aiding primary school students and the surrounding community through the construction of school buildings and gardens.
• Experience in photo-documentary or photojournalism
• Proficient in photography and videography
• Respect to cultural sensitivity as you will be working with vulnerable people on sensitive topics
• Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
• Adaptable to new and different situations, flexible and patient
• Experience in overseas development
• Experience traveling abroad in developing nations
$1,500.00 USD (Click here to see what program fees cover)