Dates: July/August 2017
Project Length: 10-14 days
Application Deadline: Open
Project ID: 1714
ABOUT THE CHARITY
Founded in 2012, this NGO’s vision is to break the cycle of poverty in impoverished communities in Arequipa, Peru. Their mission is to empower disadvantaged children and their families. They work in partnership with the community to create a lasting impact by providing free education, social and health programs. The organization hosts an after-school education program, a weekend club, and several workshops for parents about health, women’s empowerment, community development, and accessing employment. This organization also offers free psychological counselling and social services to individuals in need of extra support, and they work with local and international health professionals to deliver free health services and check-ups.
The focus will be documenting this NGO’s various education and health initiatives. Specifically, the NGO would like to gather material that can be used to promote their English school programs. Also, the NGO is planning on spearheading a community recycling program and would like to gather material that will raise awareness around the issue of lack of adequate recycling programs in the area. Footage and photos will be used in advocacy work to gain support for the community recycling initiative among local authorities and stakeholders.
- Experience in photo-documentary or photojournalism
- Proficient in videography
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Adaptable to new and different situations, flexible and patient
- Able to obtain and forward a police background check from local police department
- Some knowledge of Spanish
- Experience in overseas development
- Experience travelling abroad in developing nations
Click here to learn about what program fees cover.
- Photographer and/or videographers are advised to read our Photographer and Videographer Selection Criteria and our Code of Ethics before applying.
- A complete membership application includes your application form and your $25 application fee.
- Photographers & videographers selected are responsible for fundraising their PWB Program Fee and other project-related costs.