Location: Chiangmai, Thailand
Dates: Between September 1st – October 31st 2017
Project Length: 10-14 days
Application Deadline: Open
Project ID: 1713
ABOUT THE CHARITY
For more than 25 years, this grassroots NGO have delivered over 5000 wheelchairs to disabled individuals throughout Thailand and many parts of South East Asia. This organization’s mission is import, assemble, and deliver mobility aids to ultimately improve the lives of people with disabilities. Over the years, this organization have also helped to build key infrastructures around many rural parts of Thailand so that they environment may be more accessible to people with disabilities. To further empower and raise awareness for the equal treatment of disable persons, this organization have also funded and encouraged disabled owned and managed business ventures.
This project will require documentation of this organization’s efforts in realizing its mission and goals. Coverage will capture the organization’s community outreach programs in order to capture their engagement with charitable and educational services. The goal of this project is to capture stunning visuals (photo and video) of the organization so that they may use it as part of their online funding campaign. Programs include: village visits, participation in the organization’s weekly charitable acts, traveling to rural area to deliver assembled goods.
- Experience in photo-documentary or photojournalism
- Proficient in photography and videography
- Respect to cultural sensitivity as you will be working with vulnerable people on sensitive topics
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Adaptable to new and different situations, flexible and patient
- Experience in residing in South East Asia and/or travelling abroad in developing nations
- Experience in oversea development
Click here to learn about what program fees cover.