Country: El Salvador
Location: San Salvador
Dates: El Salvador July1-8, 2018
Project Length: 7-10 days
Application Deadline: OPEN
Project ID: 1803
ABOUT THE PROJECT PARTNER
Established in 2002, this nonprofit organization is dedicated to planting fruitful trees and plants to alleviate world hunger, combat climate change, strengthen communities, and improve the surrounding air, soil, and water. Fruit trees heal the environment by cleaning the air, improving soil quality, preventing erosion, creating animal habitat, sustaining valuable water sources, and providing healthy nutrition.
TThe focus will be documenting this Organization’s work at approximately 10 various projects/ individual orchard plantings and/or distributions. Orchards include both school and community plantings. As well there will be an accompanying arborist-led horticultural workshop that will require documentation.
- Experience in photo-documentary or photojournalism
- Proficient in videography (for Uganda)
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Physical fitness to withstand hot and humid conditions when documenting field work
- Adaptable to new and different situations, flexible and patient
- Some familiarity with Spanish (El Salvador) or Swahili (Uganda)
- Experience in overseas development
- Experience travelling abroad in developing nations
$ 1,560 USD
Click here to learn about what program fees cover.