Location: Volta Region, Ghana
Dates: Between March 1st to December 31st 2017
Project Length: 14 days
Application Deadline: TBD
Project ID: 1827
ABOUT THE charity
Founded in 2002, this NGO’s mission is to improve the lives of people with disabilities. Through capacity development and partnerships various stakeholders, their aim is to enable people with disabilities in Ghana to take charge of their lives and achieve their true potentials. They empower people with disabilities and parents of children with disabilities to advocate for their rights and to form self-help groups and citizen action coalitions to address disability rights issues in their communities.
The focus will be documenting this NGO’s work based in 5 donor-funded project sites in communities in the Volta Region, the Northern Region, and Eastern Region of Ghana. Their main aims are to support people with disabilities to live fulfilling lives and to enjoy the same rights as other people living in the community, to train people to form self-help groups and action coalitions, and to promote disability rights and hold the community accountable for meeting standards outlined in disability-related legislation.
- Experience in photo-documentary or photojournalism
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Sensitivity to issues faced by people with disabilities
- Adaptable to new and different situations, flexible and patient
- Proficient in videography
- Experience in overseas development
- Experience travelling abroad in developing nations
$ 1952 USD
Click here to learn about what program fees cover.
OTHER PROGRAM OPPORTUNITIES