Location: Central Region Ghana, West Africa
Dates: Spring 2016
Project Length: Two Weeks/14 days
Application Deadline: Jan 31, 2016
Project ID: Ghana_1619
ABOUT THE CHARITY
This grassroots NGO improves the lives of children with Learning Disabilities through public awareness, advocating for learning support for pupils with learning disabilities in public schools, training teachers on Learning Disabilities and providing educational support to children with learning disabilities in the Kasoa Municipality of Ghana.
The Project will document the stories and experiences of children with learning disabilities; the images/video will be used to educate the public, parents, teachers, children and stakeholders on learning disabilities.
- Experience in overseas development
- Experience traveling abroad in developing nations
- Experience in photo-documentary or photojournalism
- Proficient in photography
- Respect to cultural sensitivity as you will be working with vulnerable people on sensitive topics
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Adaptable to new and different situations, flexible and patient
Click here to learn about what program fees cover.
The opportunities listed below are open to all of our member storytellers (photographers/videographers).
A complete membership application includes your application form and your $25 application fee.
Photographers & videographers selected are responsible for fundraising their PWB Program Fee and other project-related costs.
Learn more about our photographer/videographer selection criteria.
Please visit our FAQ