Location: Kumasi, Ghana
Dates: Summer/Fall 2016 (From August onward)
Project Length: 2 Weeks
Application Deadline: March 31, 2016
Project ID: 1524_Ghana
ABOUT THE CHARITY
To innovate with everyday waste materials to produce high quality fashion driven goods that has universal flavor and appeal for both the local and international fair trade markets whiles improving the quality of life of the youth in Ghana through job creation, poverty reduction and sustainable development.
The organization is an innovative social enterprise that trains and employs street youth from disadvantaged communities in Ghana to clear their streets of plastic and other material waste creating serious environmental havoc in our cities. The creative talents of Ghanaian artisans fused with innovation, creativity and modern design sensibilities and up cycle them into high-end designer handmade products such as bags, wallets, shoes, furniture, home décor, shirts that are ethical and eco-friendly.
- Experience in overseas development in the global south
- Experience in photo-documentary or photojournalism
- Proficient in photography and videography
- Respect to cultural sensitivity as you will be working with vulnerable people on sensitive topics
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Adaptable to new and different situations, flexible and patient
Click here to learn about what program fees cover.
The opportunities listed below are open to all of our member storytellers (photographers/videographers).
A complete membership application includes your application form and your $25 application fee.
Photographers & videographers selected are responsible for fundraising their PWB Program Fee and other project-related costs.
Learn more about our photographer/videographer selection criteria.
Please visit our FAQ