Dates: August 2016
Project Length: 14 days
Application Deadline: May 31st 2016
Project ID: 1606_ Panajachel_Guatemala
ABOUT THE CHARITY
Established in 2010, this NGO dedicated to promoting social entrepreneurship, sustainable development and holistic empowerment of women and families through education and market access. The NGO strives to aid communities in becoming self-sustainable, inspiring creativity, initiative, self-worth and opening alternative education opportunities to improve lives.
This partnership will capture several projects which include a series of nutritional workshops that has the mission to inspire the re-connection with traditional practices and local foods as well as educate women, children, and families in all aspects of health and nutrition; a middle school in the community of Chacaya that is dedicated to improving educational opportunities, promoting alternative education methods as well as healthy living, bodies, and minds in the community. As well as document the lives and work of artisans in four cooperatives around the lake producing ethical and sustainable products, while capturing the essence of the importance of fair trade.
- Experience in overseas development
- Experience traveling abroad in developing nations
- Proficiency in Spanish
- Experience in photo-documentary or photojournalism
- Proficient in photography and videography
- Respect to cultural sensitivity as you will be working with vulnerable people on sensitive topics
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Adaptable to new and different situations, flexible and patient: will be traveling by foot, pick-up truck, and boat to different project sites - must be open to physical endurance at times.
Click here to learn about what program fees cover.
The opportunities listed below are open to all of our member storytellers (photographers/videographers).
A complete membership application includes your application form and your $25 application fee.
Photographers & videographers selected are responsible for fundraising their PWB Program Fee and other project-related costs.
Learn more about our photographer/videographer selection criteria.
Please visit our FAQ