Dates: July 2017
Project Length: Two Weeks
Application Deadline: OPEN
Project ID: 1724 / 1725
ABOUT THE CHARITY
Founded in 2007, this NGO’s mission is to partner with communities to prevent malnutrition and hunger and to improve children’s health and education in Guatemala. In particular, this NGO strives to build the capacities of women to implement and sustain healthy changes in their communities, to ensure that children graduate from sixth grade healthy and literate, to prevent child hunger, malnutrition and stunting, and to improve children’s health and hygiene.
The focus will be documenting this NGO’s work based in various project sites in rural Guatemala. In particular, this NGO is interested in highlighting their unique and successful model of participatory development and partnership with the community, so that other similar NGOs may use this model in their own work. Their most pressing need is for video and photos that captures the stories of the women and children with whom they work, and the work that they do in partnership with the women and their communities to improve children’s nutrition, health, and education.
- Experience in photo-documentary or photojournalism
- Proficient in videography
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Adaptable to new and different situations, flexible and patient
- Some knowledge of Spanish
- Experience in overseas development
- Experience travelling abroad in developing nations
Click here to learn about what program fees cover.
- Photographer and/or videographers are advised to read our Photographer and Videographer Selection Criteria and our Code of Ethics before applying.
- A complete membership application includes your application form and your $25 application fee.
- Photographers & videographers selected are responsible for fundraising their PWB Program Fee and other project-related costs.