Location: Faridabad, Haryana
Dates: December 13 - 23, 2016
Project Length: 11 days
Application Deadline: October 30, 2016
Project ID: 1628_India
ABOUT THE CHARITY
Established in 2014, the mission of this organization is to provide longer and more fulfilling lives to under-served adults and children in India. This organizations mission is not to provide short-term solutions by treating only the symptoms. Instead, this organization works with communities to target the problem itself and give their patients the best possible medical care, so that they may lead healthier lives.
This project will require documentation of this organization’s efforts in providing programming to the communities they help support. This project will include coverage of mental health clinics, which combats mental health stigma and provides counseling to those who wish to talk to a mental health professional, an orphanage for child laborers which provides children with education and healthcare, and healthcare services such as vaccinations, dental, and surgeries.
- Experience in overseas development
- Experience traveling abroad in developing nations
- Experience in photo-documentary or photojournalism
- Proficient in photography and videography
- Respect to cultural sensitivity as you will be working with vulnerable people on sensitive topics
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Adaptable to new and different situations, flexible and patient
Click here to learn about what program fees cover.
The opportunities listed below are open to all of our member storytellers (photographers/videographers).
A complete membership application includes your application form and your $25 application fee.
Photographers & videographers selected are responsible for fundraising their PWB Program Fee and other project-related costs.
Learn more about our photographer/videographer selection criteria.
Please visit our FAQ