Location: Suyalbari, Uttarakhand
Dates: April 1st – April 10th, 2018 (These dates only)
Project Length: 9 days
Project ID: 1820
ABOUT THE CHARITY
Established in 2015, this NGO’s mission is to empower students in developing countries to more easily access education while breaking down cultural and faith-based barriers. Academic partnerships between schools and their respective communities are forged while helping provide sustainable and adequate nutrition for our beneficiaries. This is accomplished through programs that promote our holistic, research-based approach focused on Access, Nutrition and Curriculum.
This NGO will be in Suyalbari, Uttarakhand with a team of people during a busy 9 day period to:
1) Improve access to education and curriculum by building a Solar Power Classroom
2) Improve access to nutrition by implementing a nutritional program which includes a community supported agriculture program that the school will keep ever green. The gardens will incorporate agricultural best practices as well as provide an educational opportunity. Lastly, this NGO will build a water catchment system to provide a much-needed water source for both for the garden as well as for drinking during the dry season.
- Experience in overseas development
- Experience travelling abroad in developing nations
- Experience in photo-documentary or photojournalism
- Good level of physical fitness as there will be periods of long walking and outdoor activity
- Respect to cultural sensitivity as you will be working with vulnerable people
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Adaptable to new and different situations, flexible and patient
Click here to learn about what program fees cover.
OTHER PROGRAM OPPORTUNITIES