Dates: Late July to Nov
Project Length: 10/14 days
Project ID: 1721
ABOUT THE PARTNER PROJECT
This NGO is committed to using technology to empower rural women to end energy poverty by enabling them to engage in income generating activities. Their goal is to identity areas with limited access to light/ electricity and provide opportunities to women to become entrepreneurs in selling solar lanterns, so that they can earn money while benefitting their society.
Working with the women in rural Indonesia, this project will involve photographing these women selling the solar lanterns and documenting the meaningful impact it has on their lives. The photographer will fly into Bali Airport, then fly to Waingapu airport where they may stay a night at the beginning and end of trip depending on flight times. The photographer will spend the duration of the trip at the project sites with a host family (approx. 2.5hrs from Waingapu). The material will be used to provide visibility on how these lanterns are making a meaningful impact to these women’s lives.
- Experience in photo-documentary or photojournalism.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Ability to withstand some travel on foot, warm temperatures.
- Adaptable to new and different situations, flexible and patient
- Some knowledge of Indonesian.
- Experience in overseas development
- Experience travelling abroad in developing nations
$ 2,050 USD
Click here to learn about what program fees cover.