12+ months, Toronto
PWB is going through an exciting time of growth and is seeking an Operations Manager to plan, direct and coordinate its operations. Working closely with PWB’s Founder, the Operations Manager is a pivotal new role in our organization which will ensure the smooth running and improvement of performance, productivity, efficiency and profitability of departmental and organizational operations and programming.
This is a varied job working with a wide range of stakeholders. Therefore, you will need to draw upon and have confidence in your knowledge and proven experience of:
- Providing support to the CEO and Senior Management Team in the development and implementation of a strategic plan.
- Financial management and budgetary control including demonstrable experience of producing monthly management accounts, processing transactions, payroll and bank reconciliations.
- Supporting business development activities by producing budgets and financial reports.
- Operational management processes, including the oversight of any outsourced contracts such as I.T., monthly payroll and Health and Safety.
- Governance experience including reporting to boards.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- In conjunction with the Founder/ Director set the budget for the year and produce financial reports as requested for Board Meetings
- Supervise finance staff to ensure that all transactions are accurately recorded and kept up to date
- Line manage a small team of administrative and finance staff/volunteers in agreement with the Founder/ Director
- Deputize for the Founder as required
Quality Assurance and Evaluation
- Work with teams to ensure that monitoring and evaluation is carried out systematically across the organization
- Using specially designed monitoring and evaluation tools, ensure a constant supply of feedback information to programming
- Design new tools to fill the gaps in monitoring and evaluation and long term impact measurement
- Be an active part of the Senior Management Team, taking a leading role in the organization
- Attend staff meetings and oversee personnel procedures such as appraisals and supervisions
- Any other duties which may reasonably be regarded as within the nature of the duties and responsibilities of the post, subject to the proviso that any changes of a permanent nature will be incorporated into the Job Description in specific terms, following consultation with the post holder.
What we’re looking for
- Proven leadership skills
- Experience of operating in a networked environment using strong influencing skills
- Successful track record of program and operational management experience
- Strategic communication planning experience
- Experience of business case development, planning and implementation
- Proven ability to build and nurture effective relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, commerce, management and/ or equivalent professional experience.
- MBA degree (desirable)
- Experience in organizational effectiveness and operations management
- Knowledge of business and management principles and practices
- Knowledge of financial and accounting principles and practices
- Knowledge of human resource principles and practices
- Knowledge of project management principles and practices
- IT skills
Start date: January 2017
Closing date: Applications reviewed on a rolling basis
Hours/ Contract: Voluntary, 10 - 15 hours/ week (negotiable depending on your free time)
Location: Home-based. Must be available to attend team meetings every Wednesday from 6.30 – 8.30 pm in Toronto (Bloor St West/ Bathurst)
Interested applicants, please submit your COVER LETTER and RESUME to: firstname.lastname@example.org