Dates: May - September
Project Length: 14 Days
Application Deadline: Open
Project ID: 1626
ABOUT THE CHARITY
This NGO is composed of a dedicated group of people driven by their desire to protect the environment through specific courses of action such as environmental conservation projects and scientific research targeted towards sustainable development. They work in the inner Ionian, in an area which is considered of profound importance for marine megafauna such as whales and dolphins.
The volunteer will work within the conservation area and will be taken to various land and underwater locations over the course of a period of two weeks to help showcase the work that is currently being done. This will also include interacting and interviewing locals and learning about their daily routines.
- Proficient in photography/videography
- Willingness to immerse in local cultures
- Respect to cultural sensitivities
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Open to new experiences
- PADI certification
- Experience in overseas development
- Experience traveling abroad in developing nations
Click here to learn about what program fees cover.