Dates: 27th December – 5th Jan
Project Length: 10/14 days
Application Deadline: Open
Project ID: 1711
ABOUT THE CHARITY
Founded in 2009, this NGO is based in the heart of Kampala’s slums. It’s a community led youth development organization which uses the vibrant passion for football as a vehicle to change the lives of slum children through football, one game at a time. The project will take place at their Christmas Camp where workshops and games will be set up to attract children and also teach them valuable life skills, e.g. tolerance, team work, WASH (Water, Sanitation and Hygiene, and HIV/AIDS.
This project will involve photographing and videoing the week long Christmas Soccer event (28th Dec – 3rd Jan) which will involve soccer games, workshops and group sessions. The photographer will stay in a comfortable guesthouse which is a short 10-20min drive to the sites (4 sites). Or the photographer can stay in the camp itself for firsthand experience. The material will be used to set up the organisation’s YouTube channel and in their fundraising camps.
- Experience in videography and photo-documentary or photojournalism.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Willingness to travel on the back of a boda boda (motorcycle taxi)
- Adaptable to new and different situations, flexible and patient
- Experience in overseas development
- Experience travelling abroad in developing nations
Click here to learn about what program fees cover.