Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Dates: Fall / Winter 2016
Project Length: Two Weeks
Application Deadline: July 31st, 2016
Project ID: 1632_Kenya
ABOUT THE CHARITY
Founded in 2010, this organization engages in activities geared towards the eradication of human trafficking in Kenya. They strive to create a society free from trafficking in persons and violence against humanity by working in four aspects including raising public awareness on this issue through holding workshops, providing assistance to victims of human trafficking, prosecuting trafficking offenders and collaborating with other organizations.
This organization has successfully held multiple workshops in local communities to raise public awareness on human trafficking. They’ve worked closely with victims and have an urge to tell some of the most intimate stories about their work and the people they are working with through compelling images that showcase not only this sensitive issue, but also the strong emotion each individual carries. They hope these materials will inspire potential discussion on the topic of human trafficking and therefore to create positive changes in the society. Throughout this project the photographer will have an opportunity to visit some of the victims and their communities to document their stories.
- Experience documenting sensitive issues through visual storytelling
- Experience in overseas development
- Experience traveling abroad in developing nations
- Proficient in Photography, especially the ability to tell sensitive stories through images and the ability to create emotionally compelling photography
- Respect to cultural differences and deep understanding of the sensitivity of such issue
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Adaptable to new and different situations, flexible, patient and compassionate
- Willingness to travel between sites
Click here to learn about what program fees cover.
The opportunities listed below are open to all of our member storytellers (photographers/videographers).
A complete membership application includes your application form and your $25 application fee.
Photographers & videographers selected are responsible for fundraising their PWB Program Fee and other project-related costs.
Learn more about our photographer/videographer selection criteria.
Please visit our FAQ