Location: San Juan La Laguna, Lake Atitlan
Dates: Spring / Summer
Project Length: 2 Weeks
Application Deadline: January 30, 2015
Project ID: 1610_LakeAtitlan
ABOUT THE CHARITY
The vision: This NGO has been working in different areas of the world for more than 50 years. Its main goals are: integral promotion of people; empowerment of culture, acceptance, peace and solidarity; promotion of volunteering and international cooperation.
The project - in San Juan La Laguna, Lake Atitlan, Guatemala - aims at providing people with disabilities (PWDs) with working opportunities in safe environments and at promoting their social inclusion. Particularly, the project gives people with disabilities the chance to get the expertise to enter the local working force and raises the awareness among citizens on the value and importance of including PWDs.
- Experience in overseas development
- Experience traveling abroad in developing nations
- Experience in photo-documentary or photojournalism
- Proficient in photography and videography
- Respect to cultural sensitivity as you will be working with vulnerable people on sensitive topics
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Adaptable to new and different situations, flexible
Click here to learn about what program fees cover.
The opportunities listed below are open to all of our member storytellers (photographers/videographers).
A complete membership application includes your application form and your $25 application fee.
Photographers & videographers selected are responsible for fundraising their PWB Program Fee and other project-related costs.
Learn more about our photographer/videographer selection criteria.
Please visit our FAQ