Location: Lome, Togo
Dates: March/April 2016
Project Length: 14 days
Project ID: 1616_togo
ABOUT THE CHARITY
Since 2013, this NGO’s mission is to contribute to educating people from impoverished African communities. This NGO’s emphasis is on education, engagement and empowerment in local communities, and always with sustainability in mind.
This project would highlight this NGO’s efforts that continue to provide education to communities through their women’s empowerment, street children sport development, orphanage, and teaching projects. Our long term goal is to set up a youth development institute that will house over 50 vulnerable and homeless children and teach hundreds more. It will be run by locals who will be assisted by skilled volunteer teams, the center will consist of the following facilities: a modern farm, hospital, quality separate housing units for homeless boys and girls, an elementary school, high school, a ‘’Learning Bus”, and a sports training center.
- Experience in overseas development
- Experience travelling abroad in developing nations
- Fluent in French
- Experience in photo-documentary or photojournalism
- Proficient in photography and videography
- Respect to cultural sensitivity as you will be working with vulnerable people on sensitive topics
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Adaptable to new and different situations, flexible and patient
Click here to learn about what program fees cover.
The opportunities listed below are open to all of our member storytellers (photographers/videographers).
A complete membership application includes your application form and your $25 application fee.
Photographers & videographers selected are responsible for fundraising their PWB Program Fee and other project-related costs.
Learn more about our photographer/videographer selection criteria.
Please visit our FAQ