Location: Indian Himalayan Region
Dates: Oct-Dec 2017/Jan-Mar 2018
Project Length: Two Weeks Application
Project ID: 1806/7
ABOUT THE PARTNER PROJECT
This foundation was created to address the environmental degradation that has led to a significant decline in the quality of life for mountain communities. They work in the central and western Himalayan states of Uttarakhand and Himachal Pradesh to promote sustainable, self-reliant development at the village level. The emphasis is on self-help participation working across the integrated issues of water & sanitation, renewable energy, community forestry, sustainable agriculture and social enterprise development. Their goal is to initiate the eco-restoration of languishing river basins through broad community participation in the Indian Himalayan Region, and spearhead appropriate technology applications that directly improve the quality of life for small and marginalized mountain farming families.
The focus will be documenting this NGO’s work in 2 Project sites: – Uttarakhand and Himachal Pradesh. They would like to document the successful outputs of their hard work in the fields of Drinking Water & Sanitation, Renewable Energy, Community Forestry and Social Enterprise by visiting program areas and meeting with community leaders.
- • Experience in photo-documentary or photojournalism
- Proficient in videography
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Ability to withstand some travel on foot/hiking in high altitude region
- Adaptable to new and different situations, flexible and patient
- Experience in overseas development
- Experience traveling abroad in developing nations
$ 2,000 USD
Click here to learn about what program fees cover.