Location: Nkhata Bay District
Dates: April and July or October to December.
Project Length: 10 days
Project ID: 1722
ABOUT THE PARTNER PROJECT
Founded in 2003, this NGO’s mission is to empower communities to achieve a sustainable future by providing a hand in education, healthcare, environmental development and creating opportunities for the local communities.
Working with the local communities, this project will include a 50/50 split between education and environment projects. With the education half will focus on pre-schools, primary schools, secondary school and adult literacy and then the environmental half will focus on visits to community members benefitting from their projects (cookstove project, forest conservation, tree planting and fish conservation). The photographer will stay in a shared chalet with other volunteers. The material will be used to provide donors with visibility on how their donation are making a meaningful impact.
- Experience in photo-documentary or photojournalism and videography.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Ability to withstand some travel on foot, warm temperatures.
- Adaptable to new and different situations, flexible and patient
- Experience in overseas development
- Experience traveling abroad in developing nations
$ 1,750 USD
Click here to learn about what program fees cover.