Dates: September, 2016
Project Length: 10-14 days
Application Deadline: May 31st, 2016
Project ID: 1622_Malaysia
ABOUT THE CHARITY
This organization was established in October 2011 with the aim to bring about the recovery of depleted wild populations of turtles, with particular reference to freshwater turtles, in Malaysia through partnerships with like-minded organizations, individuals and local communities as well as through its own programs.
The photographer will work closely with the organization in a small village in Chukai where they will help document the research, conservation, education and public outreach work that they do. The photographer will also be part of the annual “Terrapin Independence Day” that the NGO organizes on the first or second Saturday of September every year, where they release head-started terrapins that were hatched from their terrapin conservation project. - See more at: http://www.photographerswithoutborders.org/malaysia#sthash.YnYzuFqw.dpuf
- Experience in overseas development
- Experience traveling abroad in developing nations
- Knowledge of Bahasa Malaysian is an asset, but not required
- Proficient in photography
- Willingness to immerse in local cultures
- Respect to cultural sensitivities
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Adaptable to new and different situations, flexible, patient and compassionate
Click here to learn about what program fees cover.
The opportunities listed below are open to all of our member storytellers (photographers/videographers).
A complete membership application includes your application form and your $25 application fee.
Photographers & videographers selected are responsible for fundraising their PWB Program Fee and other project-related costs.
Learn more about our photographer/videographer selection criteria.
Please visit our FAQ