Location: Puebla, San Jose Xacxamayo, and Atzinzitla
Dates: July 7th 2017 – July 20th 2017
Project Length: 14 days
Application Deadline: OPEN
Project ID: 1719
ABOUT THE PROJECT PARTNER
Established since 2012, this volunteer-based, non-profit organization aims to address the educational disparities in Central Mexico by providing programs for young women from marginalized communities. The organization’s mission is to empower young women so that they may break the cycle of poverty caused by limited access to educational services and opportunities. More specially, the organization developed four separate programs in order to provide educational and leadership opportunities to six local communities.
This project will require documentation of this organization’s efforts in realizing its mission and goals. Coverage will capture the organization’s educational programs in order to capture the children’s their transformation. The goal of this project is to capture stunning visuals (photo and video) of the organization so that they may use it as part of their online funding campaign. Programs include: traveling to two rural villages, participation in the organization’s program.
- Experience in photo-documentary or photojournalism
- Proficient in photography and videography
- Respect to cultural sensitivity as you will be working with vulnerable people on sensitive topics
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Adaptable to new and different situations, flexible and patient
- Experience in residing/travelling abroad in developing nations
- Experience in oversea education development
- Organization prefer women photographer and videographer so that they could serve motivation for the children
$ 1,900 USD
Click here to learn about what program fees cover.