Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Dates: Spring 2017
Project Length: 14 days
Application Deadline: TBD
Project ID: 1708
ABOUT THE CHARITY
Established in 2009, this community-based organization’s mission is to help improve the livelihoods of people who work in a dumpsite through education, skill enhancement, and microfinance. In combatting poverty, this organization aims to create a channel for communities to realize their dreams through information and awareness creation.
This project will require documentation of this organization’s efforts in realizing its mission and goals. Coverage will capture the rehabilitation of children, youth, and woman through programming and supports such as education, vocational training, and sports, which is used as a tool to engage its community members. This organization works towards not only making its community sustainable within the job market, but also, aids its members to create job opportunities within their own communities.
- Experience in overseas development
- Experience travelling abroad in developing nations
- Experience in photo-documentary or photojournalism
- Good level of physical fitness as there will be periods of long walking
- Respect to cultural sensitivity as you will be working with vulnerable people on sensitive topics
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Adaptable to new and different situations, flexible and patient
Click here to learn about what program fees cover.
- Photographer and/or videographers are advised to read our Photographer and Videographer Selection Criteria and our Code of Ethics before applying.
- A complete membership application includes your application form and your $25 application fee.
- Photographers & videographers selected are responsible for fundraising their PWB Program Fee and other project-related costs.