Location: Kathmandu, Rasuwa and Syafrubesi
Dates: April to November 2018
Project Length: 17-18 days
Application Deadline: OPEN
Project ID: 1838
ABOUT THE charity
Founded in 2012, this NGO is the Nepali chapter of a worldwide organization that promotes Zero Waste practices. Their mission is to provide access to scientific knowledge and practices to local mountain communities so that they consume local resources in the most environmentally friendly and economical way possible.
· Invoking changes of attitude toward waste and waste management practices
· Conducting awareness and education activities in schools, community centres and religious institutions
· Teaching and participating in the construction of composts and other bio alternatives
· Working with farmers so to improve their access to clean energy and green fertilizers.
The focus will be documenting this NGO’s work in several project sites across the region. Specifically it will involve photographing diverse programs delivered in the various communities that serve to educate and empower their target population. It will also include the photo-documentation of current and past projects and the impact on the community at large.
- Male applicants only as per the request of the NGO
- Good physical stamina and ability to withstand altitudes of up to 2500 metres
- Comfortable travelling in rugged terrain
- Experience in photojournalism
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Adaptable to new and different situations, flexible and patient
Experience travelling abroad in developing nations
Click here to learn about what program fees cover.