Location: 1) Managua 2) San Juan del Sur + surrounding communities 3) Esquipulas + surrounding communities
Dates: Summer (July)
Project Length: 2 Weeks
Application Deadline: January 31st, 2017
roject ID: 1601_Nicaragua
ABOUT THE CHARITY
Work primarily in the San Juan del Sur and Matagalpa regions of Nicaragua, providing full scholarships for young rural students to attend medical school.
Local communities should guide their own development, and we should encourage this through individual empowerment, regional partnerships, and by sharing tools that can help communities drive sustainable change. Our goal is to increase access to primary healthcare in rural Nicaragua by empowering youth to become agents of change in their communities. We are life-long, local, life-saving.
- Experience in photo-documentary or photojournalism
- Proficient in photography and videography
- Respect to cultural sensitivity as you will be working with vulnerable people on sensitive topics
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Adaptable to new and different situations, flexible and patient
- Spanish speaking
- Experience in overseas development
- Experience travelling abroad in developing nations
$1,500.00 USD. Click here to learn about what program fees cover.
- Photographer and/or videographers are advised to read our Photographer and Videographer Selection Criteria and our Code of Ethics before applying.
- A complete membership application includes your application form and your $25 application fee. (still accurate?)
- Photographers & videographers selected are responsible for fundraising their PWB Program Fee and other project-related costs.