Location: Praslin Island & Cousin Island
Dates: Fall/Winter 2016
Project Length: Two Weeks
Application Deadline: July 31st
Project ID: 1629_Seychelles
ABOUT THE CHARITY
Founded in 1998, this NGO’s mission is to improve the conservation of biodiversity in this unique archipelago through its scientific management, research, educational and training programs. Specific goals include: increasing and propagating the scientific knowledge of biodiversity, education of the public and promoting partnership and cooperation between like-minded individuals and organizations.
The focus will be documenting this NGO’s work based around two Project sites on two different islands. Focus will specifically involve photographing and/or capturing video footage of wildlife both on land and in water. The material will be used to promote and create awareness of this NGO’s conservation work.
- Experience in overseas development
- Experience traveling abroad in developing nations
- Experience in photo-documentary or photojournalism
- Proficient in videography
- Experience with underwater photography/videography
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Experience living in remote area and ability to withstand intense heat and humidity
- Adaptable to new and different situations, flexible and patient
Click here to learn about what program fees cover.
The opportunities listed below are open to all of our member storytellers (photographers/videographers).
A complete membership application includes your application form and your $25 application fee.
Photographers & videographers selected are responsible for fundraising their PWB Program Fee and other project-related costs.
Learn more about our photographer/videographer selection criteria.
Please visit our FAQ