Location: Siem Reap, Cambodia
Dates: April 2016
Project Length: 14 days
Application Deadline: December 31st
Project ID: 1607_ SiemReapProvince_Cambodia
ABOUT THE CHARITY
Established in 2014, this locally run, community-driven NGO focuses on helping poor Cambodian families improve their living conditions. This NGO aims to improve the living conditions of families in need in rural areas by providing them with wells, clean water, sanitation, toilets and safe, dry housing.
This NGO builds traditional Khmer style-stilted houses in rural areas near Siem Reap. In addition to building new houses, this organization also carries out repairs to houses that are in need. Through local partnerships, this NGO has been able to provide rural communities with not only housing but as well, seeks ways to break the cycle of poverty by providing support for families to become self-sufficient.
- Experience in overseas development
- Experience traveling abroad in developing nations
- Experience in photo-documentary or photojournalism
- Proficient in photography and videography
- Respect to cultural sensitivity as you will be working with vulnerable people on sensitive topics
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Adaptable to new and different situations, flexible and patient
Click here to learn about what program fees cover.
The opportunities listed below are open to all of our member storytellers (photographers/videographers).
A complete membership application includes your application form and your $25 application fee.
Photographers & videographers selected are responsible for fundraising their PWB Program Fee and other project-related costs.
Learn more about our photographer/videographer selection criteria.
Please visit our FAQ