Country: Sri Lanka
Location: Nugegoda, Sri Lanka
Dates: June - August 2016
Project Length: 14 Days
Application Deadline: April 30, 2016
Project ID: 1613_ Nugegoda_ Sri Lanka
ABOUT THE CHARITY
Established in 1995, this NGO enables communities to balance ecosystem protection and economic development by pioneering a model for sustainable conservation. The goal of this NGO is to help protect and conserve the diminishing biodiversity of Sri Lanka and to make the local and international community aware of its endangered status.
This NGO collaborates with communities to address a multitude of environmental, social, economic, land use, and livelihood issues that impact people, elephants and other wildlife. This NGO engages with people at the grassroots level, working systematically to build capacity, foster leadership and empower citizens to support sustainable, long-term conservation success.
- Experience in overseas development
- Experience travelling abroad in developing nations
- Experience in photo-documentary or photojournalism
- Proficient in photography and videography
- Respect to cultural sensitivity as you will be working with vulnerable people on sensitive topics
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Adaptable to new and different situations, flexible and patient with an open mind, a passion for the outdoors and wildlife, and physical abilities to take on the challenges of working in the field in a tropical country.
Click here to learn about what program fees cover.
The opportunities listed below are open to all of our member storytellers (photographers/videographers).
A complete membership application includes your application form and your $25 application fee.
Photographers & videographers selected are responsible for fundraising their PWB Program Fee and other project-related costs.
Learn more about our photographer/videographer selection criteria.
Please visit our FAQ