Location: Iganga Town, Iganga, Uganda
Dates: June, July or August 2017
Project Length: 14 days
Application Deadline: TBD
Project ID: 1727v
ABOUT THE PROJECT PARTNER
This non-governmental local organization (NGO) facilitates community health and well-being in rural Uganda through improved access, education, and prevention. The organization is working on project development in collaboration with their local non-governmental and governmental partners in Iganga District, as well as the communities involved in the projects.
The volunteer will spend time with the NGO staff members and volunteer team, and visit various sites to shoot their current projects/developments. The videos will be used primarily as tools to educate people about the organization. The organization is currently updating their website and would like to include more engaging, high-quality videos on their site and in their fundraising-related and promotional materials.
- Proficient in videography
- Willingness to immerse in local cultures
- Understanding and appreciation for different cultures and ways of life
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Open to new experiences
- Experience in overseas development
- Experience travelling abroad in developing nations
$ 1,700 USD
Click here to learn about what program fees cover.