PWB is dedicated to keeping our Program Fees accessible to our volunteers by providing fundraising opportunities.
PWB Program fee covers:
- Donation to the partner organization
- Accommodations during the entire project (10 - 14+ days depending on the project)
- Airport transfers: pick / up drop off
- Pre-departure, in-country, and post-project coordination, training and support
- Magazine (online and/or print) publication and social media promotion
The Program Fee varies according to each project (see individual project pages) and so this pie chart represents an average of our past program fees.*
PWB Program volunteer responsibilities include the following:
- Fundraising or paying PWB Program Fee 30 days after signing contract
- Booking Flights, Visa, Vaccinations, Travel and Health Insurance (no later than 30 days before the project start)
- Arranging a Pre-Departure call (no less than 2 weeks before departure) with a PWB Program Manager
- Maintaining communication with your PWB Program Coordinator
Pre-approved expenses that may be fundraised:
- Program-related Airfare
- Program-related Visas & Vaccinations
- Program-related Emergency Travel Medical Insurance (required)
- Equipment Insurance (highly recommended)
- Other items may be discussed with your PWB Program Coordinator
IMPORTANT NOTE: Program Fees must be paid 30 days upon being accepted and signing your contract, regardless of whether fundraising has covered this expense, however volunteers may fundraise as long as they wish in order to cover these expenses, even post-project completion. Program Fees do not include your airfare, visas & vaccinations, travel insurance, equipment insurance (or any other pre-approved expenses) or personal pocket money or meals (depending on the project). Accepted volunteers can fundraise the program fee and their pre-approved program related expenses for reimbursement as long as they have raised the money on GroupRev and can provide scanned receipts to your PWB.
Accepted photographers and videographers are set up with an official PWB fundraising page on our GroupRev fundraising platform. Volunteers are encouraged to fundraise to offset their costs of the program fee, airfare, travel insurance, visas & vaccinations. Any extra fundraising will be split directly with the Organization and PWB (depending on what you choose at the time of signing your contract). We encourage you to do so!
Making a payment
- All payments must be made through your GroupRev fundraising page - (via PayPal or credit card).
- Program Fees may be subject to change at any time prior to signing a contract with PWB
- Payments must be made in $USD.
*PWB includes a standard coordination, publication and administration fee for each project, so depending on the base costs of the project, the program fee will vary.